If you’ve ever woken up your partner sleeping next to you because they can hear you grinding or clenching your teeth, you may consider a nightguard custom-designed by our team. Or if you play sports, you might consider one of our sports guards. We can help you find the perfect fit for optimal protection and style with our nightguards and sports guards in Escondido!
At Campbell Dental Arts, we specialize in crafting a variety of nightguards and sports guards specifically tailored to your individual needs. Our custom-made products are designed with state-of-the-art technology to provide superior protection regardless of activity. Your perfect fit results in greater comfort while helping prevent any damage from occurring to your teeth or gums.
Whether you wear braces, sleep through stormy nights, or hit the field during a game – you can rest assured knowing our protective measures will give you peace of mind by keeping your smile safe!
Contact Campbell Dental Arts today, where we offer top-quality mouthguards at prices that won’t break the bank! Get started on protecting your smile now!
What is a Nightguard and a Sports Guard?
A night guard is an appliance you wear over your teeth when sleeping. This device prevents your top and bottom teeth from touching and eliminates the possibility of grinding or clenching your teeth.
A sports guard is a dental appliance that protects your teeth, gums, and jaw from potential injuries and accidents. It’s crucial equipment for athletes, whether they play basketball, football, hockey, or any other high-impact sport.
What Are the Symptoms of Bruxism?
If you’re not sure whether or not grinding or clenching your teeth is happening, a few of the signs include:
- Teeth that are flattened, fractured, chipped, or loose.
- Worn tooth enamel, exposing deeper layers of your tooth.
- Increased tooth pain or sensitivity.
- Tired or tight jaw muscles or a locked jaw that won’t open or close completely.
- Jaw, neck, or face pain or soreness.
- Pain that feels like an earache, though it’s actually not a problem with your ear.
- Dull headache starting in the temples.
- Damage from chewing on the inside of your cheek.
- Sleep disruption.
(Source: Mayo Clinic)
What Are the Benefits?
The benefits of the night guard include the following:
- Nightguards can help prevent grinding and clenching, leading to worn-down teeth, headaches, and even jaw pain.
- Sports guards protect your teeth and jaw during sports or other recreational activities where a hit to the face could occur.
- Both types of guards can save you from potentially expensive dental procedures and long-term oral health issues.
- Unlike those purchased in a drug or grocery store, our professionally designed appliances ensure an accurate fit.
- As with most dental concerns, seeking preventative care, such as nightguards and sports guards, is better than dealing with a dental emergency or trauma.
What Is the Process?
The first step is to schedule a consultation and discuss your concerns with our experienced dental professionals. After evaluating your dental health and specific needs, we will create a custom nightguard or sports guard that fits perfectly to your teeth. Both appliance types are made by taking an impression of your teeth and sending that mold to a special lab, ensuring a perfect fit and excellent quality.
We use high-quality materials to ensure your guard provides maximum protection and is durable enough to withstand regular use. Our practice understands that every patient is unique, so we approach each case with an individualized treatment plan. Let us help you protect your smile and enjoy your activities worry-free!
Nightguards and Sports Guards in Escondido
Campbell Dental Arts’s team of dental experts ensures that your dental appliance is tailored to your specific needs so you can enjoy your game confidently or sleep peacefully while keeping your teeth in perfect condition.
If you’re experiencing symptoms of teeth grinding or clenching or have someone in your family who needs a custom sports guard for their upcoming sports season, request an appointment today! Dr. Campbell and his team are here for all your dental needs, including preventative dentistry, family dentistry, and cosmetic dentistry in Escondido, California.