Even though there have been advancements in dental care, many people still suffer from tooth loss. Dental Implants can restore your smile and your confidence in no time. The most common dental problems are:
- Periodontal disease
- Tooth decay
- Injury, and many more needing dental implants
Unlike the yesteryears, where bridges and dentures were the preferred treatment options, you can easily have dental implants today. Our dentists in Escondido, California, use implants to replace tooth roots. They provide a stronger foundation where the fixed or removable teeth are made to match the natural teeth, transforming your dull face with a beautiful, full smile.
Reasons to Consider Dental Implants
While there are varied options in tooth replacement, dental implants have more benefits than other tooth replacements. Here are the reasons to go for a dental implant:
- Implants improve appearance: One of the top reasons to go for implants is their ability to look and feel like natural teeth. When the implants are done, they resemble your teeth and fuse with your bone making them permanent.
- They help improve speech: Putting on the dentures has a lot of risks like the teeth slipping, making you mumble words. However, implants give you the confidence to speak without worrying about the teeth slipping. You won’t even realize you have an implant, and your mouth will function completely normal with time.
- Implants improve comfort: Having a tooth problem makes you uncomfortable. The discomfort is kicked off with implants because they are part of you.
- They are easier to eat with: Naturally chewing requires strong teeth, which dentures don’t provide. Having implants is more like natural teeth allowing you to enjoy your favorite meals without pain.
- Implants improve self-esteem: Dental implants help you regain lost self-esteem and ensure you have your smile back.
- Improves oral health: Implants boost your oral health and wellness because it doesn’t alter your teeth alignment. Once it’s placed, it stays intact, allowing easy access between your teeth improving your oral hygiene.
- They are durable: Implants are long-lasting and can go for some time, given you provide good care. If given top-notch care, implants can last you a lifetime.
- Implants are convenient: Another beneficial reason to have implants is their convenience. You don’t have to be embarrassed to remove them because they are permanent. Unlike dentures having adhesives to keep them in place, implants are stress-free once they are placed.
Dental Implants Procedure
Like other dental processes, implants have to follow a specific process in the entire procedure. First, you have to consult your dentist to know the type of implant suiting your need, like endosteal or subperiosteal implants.
From there, you’ll need to access the tooth. If it is cracked or damaged beyond repair, the tooth will be removed, requiring some time to heal. From there, the dentist will evaluate if you need bone grafting or not. If your jaw bone needs grafting, that procedure will be done before the implant process can begin.
After ascertaining everything is okay, the dentist will replace the dental implant. The process begins with the placement of the post (a metal screw) into the jaw bone. Your mouth will need time to heal around the post, securing it in place before moving on to the next part of the procedure.
The abutment, a connecting piece between the post and the dental crown, will be attached at a later visit to the dentist’s office. Finally, the crown will be placed. The crown is meant to match your tooth anatomy and resemble your natural tooth.
Contact our Dental Professionals
Dental implants have a way of restoring your confidence. Dentist’s treatments vary in style, Marler Campbell Dental will make the process easy and successful for you.
You’re a few clicks away if you’re a resident of Escondido, California. Contact us today, and we will gladly walk you through the implant journey!