Ask Our Dentist about Dental Crowns in Escondido, CA
When searching for a permanent or long-term solution to a problematic tooth, many patients find that restorative dental crowns in Escondido are a minimally invasive solution. Crowns, fixed prosthetic devices, are used to cover cracked teeth, address dental trauma, restore broken teeth, and offer a solution for dental implant restorations and more!
Crowns can be used to “cap” or cover damaged teeth – they “encase a needy tooth” with customized, synthetic material or metal alloys, such as gold or porcelain. Crowns restore function and address problems with shape, appearance, and alignment. Crowns are minimally invasive and save the core and root of the affected tooth.
Dental Crown Procedure
Before any dental crown can be placed, the dentist needs to know how damaged a tooth really is. Using x-rays and digital technology, the dentist can assess the damage. After that, the process can begin.
An anesthetic will be applied, and the damaged tooth will be filed down to make room for the crown. An impression of your teeth will be made that will be used to create a custom crown. At a later visit to the dentist’s office, the crown will be cemented into your mouth, and you will then have free reign in your mouth.
Crowns Solve Problems Including:
- Replace a large filling: large decay areas or teeth weakened by old fillings are capped to prevent further damage.
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing: if a tooth is cracked or broken, a crown will restore the remaining healthy portion in a long-term functioning condition.
- Attach a bridge: crowns are used to secure bridges in place
- Cover a dental implant: crowns are a long-lasting replacement for a lost tooth. When made to secure to a dental implant, the patient will have a fully functioning restorative device that mimics the original tooth from root to tip.
- Cover a discolored or misshaped tooth: a crown will improve the cosmetic appearance if the problem is too severe for less intrusive treatments.
- Crowns are used after root canal therapy to preserve the remaining tooth.
Porcelain and gold crowns are available at the Escondido office of Marler Campbell Dental Group – these strong, durable materials are beneficial to patients.
Benefits to Gold and Porcelain Dental Crowns in Escondido
Gold Crowns – Gold crowns provide strength in function and durability. Gold is often frequently used in the molars at the back of the mouth, and gold is often preferred by dentists when looking for a long-lasting solution that will not wear on opposing teeth. For this reason, it is commonly used for patients with powerful bites or tendencies to grind their teeth or clench their jaw. Gold’s strength supports the remaining healthy tooth and can last for several decades.
Porcelain Crowns – Porcelain is a strong material that offers well-fitting and natural-looking crowns. Marler Campbell Dental Group offers porcelain crowns to its Escondido patients who are looking for a natural smile that mimics a natural tooth in appearance, luminosity, and feel. Porcelain crowns are highly durable and produce a beautiful smile, often said to be indistinguishable from natural teeth.
Your Consultation with Marler Campbell Dental Group
Patients whose teeth are damaged too extensively for veneers may be good candidates for crowns. Your doctor will talk to you about all viable treatment options. A complete oral exam will help determine if a crown, root canal therapy, or extraction is the best treatment for your personal case. Dr. Marler and Dr. Campbell will advise and educate patients on all available options to provide patients with enough information for an informed decision.
To discover how dental crowns in Escondido, California can restore your smile give us a call or come by our office today!